A Fan's Dream 

CATEGORY - GENRE
Fan Fiction
Romance

Short Story

AUTHOR
Xiao Qing
 

LAYOUT
By Funn Lim

STATUS
Added on 22-Oct-01

FEEDBACK
E-Mail Author
E-Mail Webmistress

Sign Guestbook

NOTE
First short story added
into "Fan Fiction"

HOSTED BY
The Storytellers at

http://thestorytellers.
tripod.com

"Love of man for woman--love of woman for man. That's the nature, the meaning, the very best of life itself." --Zane Grey, Riders of the Purple Sage.


**************************

"I do." Vicki Zhao Wei said firmly and turned to her husband, a smile etched on her full lips and her eyes full of excitement.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,” the priest said, beaming and gesturing to the groom, the one and only Alec Su You Peng. He turned to face her, lifted her veil and bent a bit to drop a light but passionate kiss on her lips.

Outside, screams and cheers were heard as banners were waved about. Banners of 'Xiao Yan Zi and Yong Qi' and 'Xiao Peng and Jixiang'. Mostly, banners of their latest movie that brought them together as lovers. Banners of 'Alec and Vicki'. The movie, Legacy of Love, was the story of their short-term 'romance' on silver screen. Pieces of Huan Zhu Ge Ge and Biao Mei Ji Xiang were plastered all over; making a film that touched them both. The person behind the creations? Qiong Yao. She had always figured that they had feelings embedded deep in their hearts but both wanted career first. She sped things up by producing this one-hour movie for the both of them. Snippets of their 5-time-take for their 'kissing' in both Huan Zhu Ge Ge I and II and Biao Mei Jixiang appeared, the good times they shared during his birthday, karaokes at nearby lounges and their meetings, all pulled together with one computer. Using Leo Ku as their narrator, the story of their short-lived 'romance' was on !
air in just 3 weeks.

... Flashback ...

*DING DONG*

"Miss Zhao?" a man with a briefcase called, grinning at her.

"Not interested in your products." she said clearly and shut the door.

*DING DONG*

"I said, sir, no interest." she said with a sigh and slammed the door but the man jammed his foot in the closing and yelped in pain when she slammed it. She looked at him, eyes wide but he grinned again.

"Miss Zhao!" the chirpy man said. Clad in a tweed-business suit, he was very; VERY thin with a large pair of glasses perched on his nose as he grinned at her. Awkwardly, Wei Wei asked, "You are...?"

"Me? I'm from....
Beijing Air Mail Barrel!
Keeping you happy and chirpy!
Your mails arrive as dry as a fry..
On your doorstep or your porch step!!
We are dedicated to your... mails!!!" he sang chirpily and the wrapped gift in two hands appeared right before her, a document plastered onto it. "From Miss Qiong Yao to Miss Zhao!!" he sang again and his large grin became larger still. Nodding slowly, trying to digest the 'information' the mailman sang to her, she picked up her parker pen and signed 'Zhao Wei' in an empty slot. Handing the piece of signed paper to him, she was about to kick the door close when he called.. "Miss Zhao???" in his 'sing-y' voice and she turned to him.

"Miss Zhao.. or.. Vicki... would you go out with me?" he asked, smiling widely, showing her all his gleaming teeth. If the weather wasn't cloudy, she'd have to wear MANY layers of sunglasses to protect her eyes!! How many toothbrushes did he use to clean those teeth???????? Without replying, she closed the white oak door and turned her back to it. Outside, she heard the man screech happily.

"VICKI ZHAO WEI TALKED TO ME!!!!!!!" Yuck. He was wacko. Wei Wei lifted a gift card and read its contents slowly, munching on a chocolate chip biscuit.

Wei Wei,

Happy Huan Zhu Ge Ge filming anniversary!
Hope memoirs of our good time together will always live in our hearts.
This, is a movie about to be released exactly an hour and a half from when you watch it. Go ahead.

Love,
Auntie Qiong Yao.


Puzzled, she unwrapped the gift, unveiling a VCD. The picture was of red background with pictures of herself and You Peng all over it. One picture struck her the hardest. A picture of 'Xiao Yan Zi and Yong Qi' engaged in a passionate kiss. She remembered clearly. They had to film this one scene at least four times to get the 'passion' and position right. How embarrassed she was! During Huan Zhu Ge Ge Part I, she was still unfamiliar with You Peng and to kiss a stranger was quite embarrassing! Wei Wei flipped the VCD around to take a look at the synopsis.

Many Alec and Vicki fans out there are dying to see these 'filming' that have gone wrong during their three-year onscreen love. This, is a one-hour snippet of their love is a promising yet touching scenario. Introducing, Legacy of Love.

Producer : Qiong Yao
Narrator : Leo Ku Ju Ji

Tian... Auntie Qiong Yao can't do this! No!! She can't possibly!! Wei Wei trembled as she removed the disc from its cover and placed it into the player. As the VCD rolled on, her tears threatened to fall drop by drop. Biting her lip, she looked intently at the film as the screen flashed its way on. All the old buried memories of You Peng, looking ever so adorable in his jacket and cap, surfaced her mind.

Elsewhere in Taiwan, miles away from Beijing, You Peng lazed in his room, treasuring his short 'vacation' of 3 hours. Just when he was about to jump onto his comfortable bed, the doorbell rang. 'Damn!' he cursed and flung the door open with a growl, muttering a "What do you want?" under his breath. His normally smiling face was contorted into a scowl and the mailman cowered beneath his deathly glare.

"Mister... Umm... Mister... Su? P-Par...Parcel...?" he asked meekly as if facing a hungry lion. You Peng's expression softened not the least bit. Glaring at the super-duper thin mailman, he grabbed the document from beneath the man's bony fingers and signed it roughly, almost tearing the paper...... and the first-time mailman's courage. Snatching the neatly wrapped gift from under the mailman's nose, he slammed the door and the mailman jumped, all the letters from his bag flying. His glasses sat on his nose, crooked and cap on the floor. 'No more... no more mail delivery! Not even to Alec Su!!!' he screamed in his mind as he dashed down the stairs and into the mail truck, speeding down Taiwan’s busy roads.

Arching his perfectly shaped eyebrow *swoon*, You Peng unwrapped the 'gift' and read a card in Qiong Yao's neat handwriting.

You Peng,
A short one-hour memoir of the good time we've had together.
The movie itself will be released an hour from when you watch it.
Roll the VCD.
Good luck always and...
HAPPY HUAN ZHU GE GE FILMING ANNIVERSARY!!

Love,
Auntie Qiong Yao


Huan Zhu Ge Ge filming anniversary?? He asked himself as he popped the VCD into its player and watched the best moments of his life come on screen. Xiao Wei... the affectionate name he gave her. They'd call her Wei Wei but he always took pleasure in calling her Xiao Wei. The way her face'd light up when she saw an old friend. The way she giggled and blushed when they had to kiss. The feel of her in his arms. The jealousy and disappointment that burned in him when he found out about her fiancé, Ye Mao Xin. The way she looked at him as she covered him in a thick woolen blanket when he fell asleep. The way she planned his birthday party to the smallest detail, not forgetting his favourite food and flavour of cake. His one and only love, not fling, Vicki Zhao Wei.

'Auntie Qiong Yao... why did you do this?' He asked himself as the credits rolled on.

Producer : Qiong Yao
Narrator : Leo Ku Ju Ji
Starring : Alec Su You Peng & Vicki Zhao Wei

Weeks later, Legacy of Love had become a big hit internationally. It had been released simultaneously in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, The States and so on. It also was to be competing in the Cannes Film Festival that would be held in Italy this year. Wei Wei and You Peng became more awkward with each other if they met during photo shoots, shopping malls and all that. One fine Sunday morning when Wei Wei was to take a photo shoot in front of a nearby waterfall, she bumped into You Peng who was no further than one meter from where she stood. Sweating in nervousness, she posed in a blue halter-neck dress, her hair flowing as the wind blew lightly, whispering words of love into her ears. Nearby, You Peng was in a red shirt, the first few buttons left unbuttoned with a cynical smile on his face.

Wei Wei panicked when her sister-in-law cum manager appeared from her short talk with You Peng's manager, Mao Yi. 'Oh no...' she thought as Chen Rong approached her.

"Wei Wei! We've decided to pull you and You Peng together for this photo shoot. It's for your Auntie Qiong Yao's sake and it'll do well in your photo-album and You Peng's magazine, Stars. Mao Yi and I have decided to put your album and You Peng's magazine together in the April edition! Why, it'll be a hit!" Chen Rong gushed and before Wei Wei could say a thing, Chen Rong pulled her over to where You Peng stood, his face drained of all colour when he saw her. Reluctantly, she changed into a body hugging red dress to match You Peng's. Chen Rong and Mao Yi were old friends and good matchmakers, unknown to them all. Mao Yi was her best friend in Uni and they made a good pair when it came to matchmaking.

"You Peng, hands around Wei Wei's waist... yes... no! Closer a bit! Good. Wei Wei... one hand on his chest and the other around his neck! No!! Not so awkward!! More lovable!! Yes... wonderful!!" the photographer exclaimed as he snapped a few pictures. "Now, You Peng, hug her from behind... more intimate! You two are acting as if you're posing together for the first time!! and Wei Wei, turn to look at the camera. Your head bent a bit, You Peng!! Yes.... perfect." he gushed and snapped even more. They took loads of pictures, changing in and out of clothes and make-up. Finally, the last one.

"Ahh... You Peng, Wei Wei.. kiss." the photographer, Ben said as he loaded the film.

"WHAT??" they exclaimed. Wei Wei was more beautiful in her white tube dress with a 100% cotton pink jacket tied at the waist to go with it. Her hair was put down and left flowing. You Peng was just as good. A white shirt clung onto his body and he pulled on a pair of black jeans.

"Just do as you're told!" Ben exclaimed and faced them. Slowly, they bent to each other, lips slightly parted, the atmosphere a bit tinted with the rays of the setting sun and Ben's clicking of the camera. The crew stopped their work and turned to look at them, slowly coming to each other, expectantly. Then, their lips touched. The crew's eyes widened a considerable amount. Their lips slowly worked on each other’s as You Peng's hands snaked around her waist and her's around his neck, tousling it a bit. They were in a world of their own, not noticing the happy sighs of their managers and crew and Ben's clicking camera stopped. Slowly, Ben gestured for the crew to get out of the picture to leave the newfound lovers in their own world.

"I love you..." You Peng mumbled amidst the kisses as he pulled her closer. Unable to resist, she replied, "Me too...". They pulled apart, her eyes smoky and lipstick slightly smudged. They gazed at each other, stunned with their own confessions. Then, Wei Wei tensed. They were on a set with many photographers, crew and make-up assistants. Apparently, You Peng thought the same and they both stumbled apart to face.............. an empty field! Why, all the crew had disappeared into this air!

"I think we're being set up." You Peng's husky voice invaded her thoughts as he brought her hand to his lips with a cheeky smile on his face. "I think so too." she said with a radiant smile and suddenly, loud applause was heard.

"Marry me, Xiao Wei." he asked suddenly and she turned to look at him, stunned.

... End Of Flashback ...

'Xiao Yan Zi and Yong Qi', 'Xiao Peng and Jixiang' ,'Alec and Vicki' and Zhao Wei and Su You Peng stepped out of the church, smiling brightly. Wrapping his hand around her slender waist, he smiled at her before waving to the thousands of people that gathered around St. Kelly's church to witness their 'I do's.

"I'll love you. I'll love you for eternity." You Peng whispered into her ear. "Me too." she murmured and leaned against his broad chest, waving to the crowds and reporters. Waving to their fans.

THE END 

*******************

VOTING & FEEDBACK CENTRE
Please take a moment to place your votes and provide some real time feedback to the author and other readers. On behalf of the author, we thank you for your vote and comments.

Copyright (c) 2001-2002 The Storytellers@E-Buzz. All Rights Reserved.
Created and Maintained by Funn Lim